Yesterday I went a little crazy... not as crazy as I might some day, but enough. I went through all the toys in the playroom... gave away the toddler table unit thing (even Peter's too big for that), and then sent up to the bedrooms the toys which were more "gender specific" - not that gender ever seems to play into who plays with what around here! Then I organized the playroom... it looks empty... sort of.
We have the kitchen set where you can't see it unless you're in the room, the puppet theater and puppets, the musical instruments, and little people toys in there. That's all. Oh, and one basket of baby toys for when we have rather little visitors! The rest of things headed upstairs. And each room has at least one collapsible basket which they can use to bring toys downstairs to play with and then back upstairs to put away. I just have to organize the upstairs now... that will come.... next week. But my playroom looks great! Not so cluttered, and I feel great about it! (I might bring more things down again when Bob has time to make shelves to keep things from looking like they take over the entire room... but that won't be for a while - Bob's picked up another cabinet job!)
Anyway, the little people are now "out in the open" since there is a space to set up the little mat with all the things around it. This makes them very inviting... especially for little hands. Peter has loved this between yesterday and today. Today, though, he decided to bring the zoo train out to the kitchen. Apparently Noah thought it was time for a snack! :) Peter had Noah driving the train with a couple of animals on it. They stopped by the little children's table, where there was some dry cereal from earlier, and there he proceeded to take a little bit and "feed" it to each animal and Noah!
Very cute... very thoughtful... since the rest of the family was eating lunch! :)
Cleaning out toys is always fun huh? It seems rather empty down here, without all of our toys to take over the house. I'm glad to hear you were able to get things organized! Miss you guys!
ReplyDelete