Thursday night was wonderful! For about a week I have had the honor of helping Juanita make a beautiful baptism dress for dear Olivia. It was a wonderful experience. It took a lot a patience. For me, it took patience to just stand back and only give the answers to questions. To not step in and help out as much as I have done in the past with other projects. But it was wonderful to be a part of it.
As with anything pertaining to getting baptized, the dress was more troublesome than it might otherwise have been.... even when I took over to try to make something work (which I've never had trouble with before)! But we kept heart knowing that the dress was important to Olivia as a symbol of the pureness that was hers at her moment of baptism. We knew that all would work out. And indeed it did.
Olivia was baptized Thursday night. I was so touched because I recall this sweet spirit before she had the opportunity to enjoy the gospel on a regular basis. She knew of it's truthfulness without a doubt and it showed in every part of her!
For those who don't know, in our church (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints), no one is baptized before the age of 8. At that point, they are able to understand right from wrong and can make a decision for themselves if they want to follow Christ and accept His gospel and partake in the necessary, saving ordainances (such things as baptism by immersion, the sacrament, the endowment, and temple marriage (the sealing of families for eternity)) Before the age of 8, they are not accountable before God. And therefore perfect and innocent; and they are already saved in Christ.
Congratulations, Olivia, on taking such a precious and needful step and accepting the gospel of Jesus Christ.
No comments:
Post a Comment