We've had a really busy week! This marked the second week of the Elders coming to the New Portland area to make contacts and visit with less active members. This week they stumbled into a less active that we didn't even know was in the area. It's been a wonderful experience for us. We also discovered that part of our ward boundaries extends half way through the next town over from us! We thought our town was the last on this side. The special part of that for us is that we know a lot more people over there because of the Rec Program that we're part of!
In addition to that, the After School Program put on by the Rec Youth Program Committee began! It's only two days a week.. but we had a wonderful time. I'm the co-director this year, so I am really involved. It also means a lot of help and support from Bob. But it's been really good for me... and I love watching my kids get involved. This session will be a multi-cultural one. We're very excited about the activities (games and crafts) as well as presentations we have planned!
Yesterday we made rain sticks and wrapped mummies!
And then headed out to Pack Meeting - don't know if I mentioned that I was the Cub Master in our new cub scout pack at church! It was fun.. but we're still getting on our feet and so we've not yet been able to hand out recognitions. But everything for that is finally taken care of and we're planning an extra special recognition pack meeting for next month!
Bob, of course, still has his hands full with the cabinets he's building, helping some friends with things on their house, his normal jobs, odds and ends around here, the apartments... oh, yeah... and helping me! His schedule is way more crazy than mine... But we're busy and we're feeling good!
Glad to hear that you are liking the after school program, and it is going good. :) I'm also happy to hear you are excited about the Cub Master position. We had a great Pack meeting this week.. Next month Hunter will be getting his Bobcat, and some beads. He is really excited about it. ;) Take care!
ReplyDelete