So I sat down to read through the blogs this morning - because that's the only chance I'll have all day - when I came to Monica's blog. She was expressing her gratitude (I think) for being chosen for an award - a blogging award. I thought that was interesting... and then I kept reading. It was one of those "TAGS" - and then I started getting one of those feelings.....Thanks, Monica. Though I'm not big on following the "blogging community games", I like what this one asks, so you're in luck! :)
6 things I value and 6 things I don't. This might getting interesting... it's definately personal.
Things I VALUE - it's hard to stick to just 6:
1. The Gospel: Without it I would be a lost and lonely child. That may seem simplistic, but truly, I have been in places in my life where without the gospel - without the knowledge of a Savior and His love for me - I would have landed in compete and utter despair.
2. My Family: It is eternal! It is precious to me. The relationships I have with my husband, my children and my extended family give me great joy. And through blessed, sacred, priesthood power, we have been sealed together for eternity! Never to leave each other. Death cannot part us!
3. Freedom: It is the whole reason I am able to worship according to my beliefs. It's the reason I can choose to educate my children in a way that I feel is best for them. It's the reason I can choose how to live my life, and where. It's the reason we can choose how to spend or save our money. Freedom is the choice we are given to live according to what we know is right. And to let others do the same. It's what allows us to VOTE upon the government which runs this nation.
4. Living Prophets: I couldn't imagine this world of chaos and commotions without a living prophet for guidance. I love the prophets of old. And I love that the Lord does not leave us without a prophet today. He loves us just as He loved the people in biblical times. He does not leave us floundering. "We Thank Thee, O God, For A Prophet!"
5. Personal Revelation: Yes, I greatly value the ability to pray to God and know that He will answer me. That He will guide and instruct me. And that everything I hear, I can have confirmed or denied through that direct connection between me and the Lord. I don't always understand - often I don't understand until after - but He always gives me the answer He knows is best for me. And He always confirms sacred council that is given so that I might know for myself that it is the will of the Lord!
6. GREAT FRIENDS: They are the ones who will "pick me up" when I need it. They are the ones who pray for me when I'm struggling. They are the ones who, next to my family, love me the most. They are the ones who help me see what is always most important. They always remind me that I am of great worth!
Things I DON'T value:
1. Clutter: I have a lot of this. It's in my house. It's in my van. It's in my life. I dislike clutter.. but I must admit that I'm not as good about getting rid of it. I'm getting better. Clutter makes me feel over-whelmed. It makes me feel irritable. It makes me feel helpless.
2. VERY Loud Noise: The noise level in my life is often too loud. It's not just the kids around me either. Sometimes it's me. And sometimes it's the constant noise of life that has been allowed to get too busy. I have found that when I am doing the things which are needful, those things which matter and which will build up eternal relationship, that the noise, no matter how loud it really is, is some how much quieter. I believe it's the Spirit shielding me from the over-stimulation of such noise. But when I am not focused on those precious things, when I let life take control of me instead of the other way around, the noise, no matter how small, seems to escalate to an unbearable level.
3. Distorted Views: We all have them. And most often it comes because we do not have the whole picture. I really dislike them. I always have - even when I was little and was publicly accused of being "perfect" - it completely angered me. I don't like it when I look at someone and then find out I've distorted their image for myself. And I don't like hearing such distortions about myself. It comes too close to judgment (and often is).
4. Stress: I am way too good at allowing way too much of it into my life! Stress can be good if it allows someone to get something done... that's me. It's a great motivator. But it's an even better health robber! Maybe I should have said "Excess Stress".
5. The Act of Traveling: This might be a "for now in my life thing" but I know I'm not huge on traveling anyway. I do like to visit and explore places. I don't like the actual act of traveling. I am forever dreaming up ways to "speed up the trip" through imaginary, futuristic means (very unrealistic). I especially don't like the fight, struggle, chaos of long travels with little kids. It's so hard on them... and thus hard on everyone else!
6. Unproductive Meetings: I'm not a huge fan of meetings in general... the time away from family is hard enough. But I understand and acknowledge meetings which are needful and which are purposeful. These make it worth while. The others, the ones where no one shows up, or it's all chit-chat and no business, the ones that are there simply to have a meeting and not really for any real purpose - those I could do without! (And I try to.)
And now For the Next (It's your turn now!):
Ashby Family Trio - Katie
Chez Nous in Maine - Kim
Hurley's Heaven - Melissa
I Am A Leaf On The Wind - Zarah
Monkey Business - Karyn
Ummmmm - Juanita
Here are the 'official' rules:
*Mention the blog that gave you the award and comment on their blog to let them know that you have posted their award. You also have to list 6 things you value and 6 things you don't value. Lastly, you have to pass the award onto 6 other friends! *
I'm glad you liked what this one had. As it is always a joy to read what you have to say, and allows me to get to know you better. :)
ReplyDelete