On the way out, Bob noticed a somewhat, yet not over powering, strange smell. Upon further investigation he discovered this and, of course, decided he really needed the camera:
Apparently the skunk had knocked off the lid to our turkey fryer (where we make french fries, onion rings, turkey, and breaded fish in). It must have really enjoyed itself because it ended up in the oil... and then, being so wonderfully slippery, couldn't get out. (And, no, we will not be using that oil for anything! YUCK!!!!)
Since there seemed to be no animal control person (authorized to deal with animals that might have rabies) available today, and since the animal was obviously not going anywhere, Bob protected himself with a bucket and put the poor thing out of it's misery... and ours. See, the wonderful little critter had been finding all sorts of ways to get into anything even remotely close to garbage or food. I don't even know how it found half the stuff it managed to drag around our barn! Once it had sufficient time to no longer be a threat, Bob buried it out on the far property boarder.
Oh, but the idea of it, when it didn't make one sick to think about the food oil, was really quite funny. Thank goodness no one got sprayed!
Ok, first I have to say thank you! We had a good Anniversary... Secondly all I can do is laugh. Just to funny! I'm glad nobody got sprayed as well. Did you manage to get the garden harvested?
ReplyDeleteNever mind the barn. I have two smiling mice in my cupboard. They are mocking me.What is with rodents thinking we can be friends?
ReplyDelete