Friday, October 31, 2008

Ward Harvest Festival

Last Friday - yikes, a week ago - we had our ward party. Instead of a traditional costume Halloween party complete with Trunk-or-Treat, we had a Harvest Festival. It was a lot of fun, especially for the kids.

To start, there was a hay ride down to the location. Once we arrived, there were plenty of activities to keep the kids busy. Face painting, lollipop ghost making, leave bead necklaces, a bounce house, pumpkin carving, and a bean bag toss where you earned a glow in the dark necklace to keep you safe when it got dark! There was even popcorn being popped and everyone walking around with bags of it!

The kids had a lot of fun. I had a really hard time keeping track of Gabi. It seemed she had gone and done everything before I even knew where she was!

Dad helped out with the hot cider, keeping Peter with him until I asked Peter to come and see some of the activities. He was only interested in the play set! :)

Then a fire was started in the fire pit with chairs gathered round for anyone who might have been cold - I think that was everyone at one point in the night.

Jack-o-lanterns were put out along the hay ride trail, with a hayride circle being made to see them all before people left. There was even a section where scarecrows were on display to be judged!

All in all, it was a nice time... the kids are eager to do it again!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a ton of fun! I'm glad you had a good time! :) Love the picture of peter in the pumpkin. :)

    ReplyDelete